Falkenberg Becomes Carlsberg's First Carbon-Neutral Brewery

by Sustainable Brands
Dec 4, 2017 10:00 AM ET
Falkenberg, Sweden is Carlsberg Group's first brewery to achieve carbon neutrality. | Image Credit: <a href=" https://carlsberggroup.com/newsroom/carlsberg-group-ready-with-first-carbon-neutral-brewery/"target="_blank"> Carlsberg </a>

Originally published by Sustainable Brands

Carlsberg Group is now one step closer to achieving its Together Towards Zero goals — the company’s brewery in Falkenberg, Sweden is now 100 percent powered by biogas and clean electricity, thereby reducing its CO2 emissions to zero.

The Falkenberg brewery has been using renewable energy for years, with 26 percent of its thermal energy coming from biogas generated by the brewery’s own wastewater. The remaining 74 percent has been natural gas, which is now been converted to biogas by Ørsted with certificates ensuring that the biogas supplied to the grid has replaced and equivalent amount of natural gas.

Click here to read the full article