Bridge to a Cleaner Energy Future: Enbridge's 2021 Sustainability Report
Enbridge Inc. published its 21st annual Sustainability Report, offering stakeholders information about the Company's continuous improvement in areas of environment, social, and governance (ESG) performance.
The Report provides for the first time, in accordance with the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure, a net-zero scenario analysis to test the resiliency of Enbridge's business against holding global warming to 1.5C above preindustrial levels. This important evaluation validates Enbridge's diversified energy mix, early entry into lower-emission investments, and financial strength, which create strategic optionality that positions Enbridge to be resilient under any scenario.
- Goal: Reduce GHG emissions intensity 35 per cent by 2030: Progress: Reduced emissions intensity by 27 per cent from a 2018 baseline, including a two per cent reduction in 2021.
- Goal: Net-zero GHG emissions by 2050. Progress: 20 per cent reduction in absolute greenhouse gas emissions through 2021 from a 2018 baseline.
Workforce and Board of Director diversity and inclusion by 2025
- Goal: 28 per cent racial and ethnic minority groups across the Enbridge workforce by 2025. Progress: 23 per cent through 2021.
- Goal: 3.5 per cent Indigenous representation within the workforce by 2025. Progress: 2.2 per cent through 2021.
- Goal: 40 per cent women representation on the Board of Directors and 20 per cent racial and ethnic group representation on the Board of Directors by 2025. Progress: 33 per cent women on the Board of Directors and 33 per cent racial and ethnic groups.
- Goal: Greater awareness of the need for diversity, equity, and inclusion. Progress: Unconscious bias and anti-racism training completed for all employees in 2021; 100 per cent of employees to receive Indigenous cultural awareness training by the end of 2022.
Click here to see the full Enbridge 2021 Sustainability Report.