ReportAlert.info - Danske Bank Group (CPH:DANSKE) Publishes 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report
The report puts special focus to the shortcoming of financial knowledge in a time of economic hardship
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) February 9, 2012 - The 2011 CR Report from The Danske Bank Group puts special focus to the shortcoming of financial knowledge in a time of economic hardship. The report describes the Group’s initiatives to heighten knowledge about personal finances for children, parents, teachers and young people.
Whilst accounting for economic, environmental, and social performance of The Danske Bank Group, the report gives special attention to:
• The dilemmas that form part of working extensively with corporate responsibility
• The introduction of principles for social and environmental responsibility in credit granting
• The progress of the Group’s target to reduce electricity consumption with 20% from 2009 level by 2014
• New online possibilities to increase stakeholder involvement and add value to the stakeholder dialogue
• The Group´s targets for more women in management in our recruitment and promotion processes.
The Danske Bank Group continues to use the G3 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, self declared GRI level B, for the reporting together with the Financial Services Sector Supplement.
The CR report is available on the Group’s website, where a complete list of objectives, the Group CR Fact Book, Annual report and the GRI index are also available. The GRI index contains cross-references to the relevant principles of the UN Global Compact. The Group´s Communication on Progress to Global Compact can also be found here.
The Danske Bank Group is the largest financial services provider in Denmark and one of the leading players in the Nordic region with more than 5 million retail customers in 15 countries. The Danske Bank Group employs 21,300 people delivering a range of financial services and insurance, asset management , brokerage, real estate and capital market products.
Any questions or feedback on the 2011 report can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org Hyperlink to CR report: http://www.danskebank.com/en-uk/CSR/Documents/CR_report_2011.pdf