ReportAlert.info - Royal Dutch Shell plc Publishes Sustainability Report 2014
The report covers the company's environmental and social performance for the year and outlines its sustainability approach globally.
April 10, 2015 /3BL Media/ - Royal Dutch Shell plc has released its Sustainability Report for 2014 at: www.shell.com/sustainabilityreport
The Sustainability Report 2014 covers Shell’s environmental and social performance for the year and outlines the company’s sustainability approach globally. This includes existing processes and tools to manage safety, the environment and community involvement as well as details of operations in specific countries.
The report opens with an overview of the topics that matter most to readers. This is followed by an introduction from Ben van Beurden, Chief Executive Officer, about Shell’s role as the world moves from a carbon-based to a lower-carbon energy system.
The activities reviewed in the Sustainability Report 2014 include:
- how Shell runs its operations to avoid harm to people and to manage its impact on the environment
- Shell’s work to share benefits where the company operates by creating jobs, sourcing from local suppliers and supporting community development projects
- the continuing development of carbon capture and storage, its production of clean-burning natural gas and of lower-carbon biofuels
- a focus on decommissioning activities, illustrated by the Brent Field
- its work on technology and innovation including hydrogen-based fuels, advanced biofuels and lower-carbon energy investments.
For the 10th consecutive year, an External Review Committee of sustainability experts has reviewed and assessed the report. Their assessment is included in the report.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) has confirmed an A+ reporting level of its G3.1 Reporting Guidelines.