ReportAlert.info - The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited Publishes 2014 Annual Report, Reporting on the Progress it Made in its Visionary Journey Towards Sustainable Luxury
The report details the company's financial, environmental and social performance for 2014.
April 21, 2015 /3BL Media/ - The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited (‘HSH’) owner and operator of The Peninsula Hotels, has published its 2014 Annual Report detailing the company’s financial, environmental and social performance for 2014. The report’s sustainability section highlights the progress HSH has made towards its Sustainable Luxury Vision 2020. With seven areas of focus covering all divisions of the business, Vision 2020 sets out more than 50 economic, social and environmental goals that HSH is committed to achieve by 2020.
Mr Clement K.M. Kwok, Chief Executive Officer of HSH, said “We unveiled our Sustainable Luxury Vision 2020 in 2013, setting out our blueprint for sustainable growth and our ambition to achieve a new level of sustainable luxury. As the first full year of our journey towards Vision 2020, our focus in 2014 was on laying the foundations for achieving our long-term goals. This involved developing action plans and implementation guides to drive success, enhancing our reporting system to track our progress, and embedding Vision 2020 into our management decision processes.”
HSH’s 2014 performance highlights include:
- Increased underlying profit of the company by 57% in 2014 while EBITDA increased by 17%
- Became part of the 2014 Climate Disclosure Leadership Index for Asia (ex-Japan), an annual index run by Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)
- Achieved 22% reduction in carbon intensity
- Recycled and reused 45% of the waste it generated
- Continued progress in energy and water conservation as well as community engagement work
- Over 70% of the paper products used in its operations globally were from Forest Stewardship Council certified sources, a 17 percentage point increase from 2013.
- Continued to implement a bespoke two-year stakeholder engagement programme with Sustainable Luxury Vision 2020 as the main theme of engagement
The report has been prepared according to the G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (‘GRI’). HSH was one of the first companies in the world to comply with GRI G4 reporting standards starting in 2013 and to be verified by GRI on its report’s Materiality Disclosures.
Visit www.hshgroup.com to view the company’s full annual report or extract of the report's sustainability sections.
HSH values your feedback and welcomes questions and suggestions about its reporting and performance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org