Ingersoll Rand’s Trane® and Thermo King® Businesses Increase Sustainability Ambitions at Climate Week NYC
Company’s Bold 2030 Sustainability Commitments Reduce Climate Impacts, Address Resource Scarcity and Create Opportunity for All
Ingersoll Rand’s Trane® and Thermo King® Businesses Increase Sustainability Amb…
NEW YORK, September 24, 2019 /3BL Media/– Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR), a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, with its leading climate brands Trane and Thermo King, is further committing to bold action towards sustainability this week on a global stage at Climate Week NYC in New York City.
The company and its Trane and Thermo King businesses have launched the Gigaton Challenge to reduce 1 gigaton of carbon emissions from its customers’ footprint by 2030, transforming the way the world heats and cools buildings, and refrigerates cargo in transport. One gigaton is the equivalent of the annual emissions of Italy, France and the United Kingdom combined. The Gigaton Challenge is one of three pillars of the brands’ 2030 Sustainability Commitment.
Trane and Thermo King are committed to lead by example, transforming supply chain and operations to have a restorative impact on the environment. This includes achieving carbon neutral operations and giving back more water than used in water-stressed areas. Together, Trane and Thermo King will also increase opportunity for all, strengthening economic mobility and bolstering the quality of life of its people. This includes achieving gender parity in leadership roles, a workforce reflective of its community populations, maintaining livable market-competitive wages and broadening community access to cooling comfort, housing and food.
“The next frontier of sustainability starts with bold action,” said Michael W. Lamach, Chairman and CEO of Ingersoll Rand. “Addressing the world’s greatest challenges including climate change, urbanization and resource scarcity requires companies like ours to make ESG core to how we innovate, operate and engage. Collaboration is key to accelerating positive change and Climate Week NYC provides a powerful platform to engage.”
During Climate Week NYC, Lamach and leaders from Trane and Thermo King will join the world’s most influential companies and make these additional pledges central to its 2030 sustainability commitments:
- Alliance to Save Energy 3% Club – Trane and Thermo King will improve operational energy efficiency (intensity) by 3% annually.
- Climate Group RE100 – Trane and Thermo King have agreed to join the RE100 and set a 100% renewable electricity target for its entire global operations by 2040.
- Climate Group EP100 – Trane and Thermo King have agreed to join the EP100 and have committed to doubling its energy productivity by 2035.
- U.N. Environment Cool Coalition – Trane has committed to make lower GWP alternatives available in all platforms globally by 2030.
Lamach, Dave Regnery, Executive Vice President of Ingersoll Rand, and Scott Tew, Executive Director of the Center for Energy Efficiency and Sustainability at Ingersoll Rand will represent the organization and participate in speaking sessions and forums during Climate Week NYC.
- Sept. 24 – The Climate Group – Heating and Cooling – The Next Frontier – Regnery will open this session and discuss how it makes environmental and economic sense to decarbonize heating and cooling and the opportunity that lies ahead.
- Sept. 24 – 2019 Concordia Annual Summit – Regnery will discuss mega trends that are impacting our world and economy and Ingersoll Rand’s 2030 Sustainability Commitments.
- Sept. 25 – Bloomberg Global Business Forum – Lamach will participate in a discussion around how companies can develop a strategy to tackle climate change though decarbonization.
- Sept. 25 – EcoAct The Sustainability Reporting Performance of the DOW 30 – Tew will participate with a panel of experts and tackle sustainability challenges in a changing market and sustainability reporting.
To learn more about the company’s sustainable progress and results, please see its 2018 ESG Report. For more information about its 2030 sustainability aspirations, please go to ingersollrand.com/2030.
# # #
Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) advances the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands — including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King® and Trane® — work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com.