How Illumina Creates a Culture of Care through Robust Employee Benefits and Wellness Programs
Building the world’s best team starts with caring for our employees and putting their welfare at the heart of all we do.
We offer a world-class portfolio of employee benefits and wellness programs, care for our employees through life events, support their diverse personal needs, and offer all our benefits to employees, spouses, domestic partners, and dependents.
Workplace Genomics Program
Through our partner, Genome Medical, we provide access to genetic experts who can provide guidance and facilitate testing for employees and their families. In addition, we offer financial support for cancer tests, reproductive health tests, and clinical wholegenome sequencing (cWGS) for rare and undiagnosed diseases.
Reproductive Health Benefits
Employees, their spouses, and domestic partners may be eligible for company sponsored reproductive health financial support, including:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT)
Through Progyny, we offer a comprehensive fertility benefit program that provides coverage for fertility preservation, providing equitable access to care for all of our diverse employees, including those pursuing non-traditional paths to parenthood.
Following the birth of a child or placement of a child for adoption or foster care, we provide 100% pay continuity to eligible US-based employees for up to six weeks to help ensure peace of mind during this essential time. Our parental leave policies in the other locations where we operate either meet or exceed local legal entitlements.
The Extra Benefits of Working at Illumina
Our employee benefits program recognizes the tremendous value our people bring to our business. While benefits vary by country and region, we provide all our employees with an array of different programs.
Fostering Wellness Inside and Out
- Medical, dental, vision
- Flexible spending accounts
- Heath savings accounts
- Employee Assistance program (EAP)
- Wellness program and rooms for nursing, meditation, and prayer
- Travel medical insurance
- Gym access or membership
- On-site health screenings, blood pressure monitoring, and flu shots
- Offices equipped with ergonomic workstations, abundant natural light, and opportunities to work outdoors
- Cafeterias offer sustainable, healthy food options, including vegetarian choices
- Genetic counseling and screening
- Virgin Pulse digital wellness platform
Supporting Growing Families
- Up to six weeks of paid parental leave
- Bring Your Kid to Work Day
- Back-up care with Bright Horizons for child and elder care
- Flexible work schedules and remote working opportunities
- Gender-neutral parental leave policies
Providing Time to Recharge
- Flexible time off
- Minimum 20 days’ paid time off for non-exempt employees
- Two days of paid volunteer time off
- Minimum 10 days of holiday paid time off
Investing for the Future
- Employee stock purchase program
- 401K savings plan
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Independent financial advice
- Tuition assistance and student loan repayment
Additional Perks and Benefits
- Site amenities, including car washing, dry cleaning, mobile hair salons, food service, mindfulness, and self-improvement courses
- Employee referral program
- Donation matching program
- Legal assistance
- Special interest clubs
- Commuter support
Learn more about Illumina's employee benefits and wellness programs in our 2021 Corporate Social Responsibility Report.