Freeport-McMoRan Grants to Improve Education, Health and the Environment in Arizona
October 15, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Nine Arizona organizations that work to improve the quality of life in Green Valley/Sahuarita received financial help through $689,350 in community grants from Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold.
The awards were given from Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold’s Community Investment Fund.
Recipients are chosen by local leaders assembled by a company panel established to identify and address community needs in health care, education, environment, economic development and transportation with positive, sustainable solutions.
Some of the grant recipients include:
• Valley Assistance Services, $189,500, for a project targeting patient-centered care and wellness for home-bound residents
• La Posada at Park Center, $170,000, to help seniors maintain independence through team-based health/wellness services
• Continental Elementary School District, $70,000, to develop a plan in which area school districts may better serve special-needs students
• Sahuarita Unified School District, $59,100, to support an after-school math and science project
• The Animal League of Green Valley, $50,000, to equip and provide materials for a new training center
• Sahuarita Food Bank, $13,500, for a walk-in refrigerator
For more information about these programs and others, please visit www.FreeportInMyCommunity.com.
For further information about Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.’s social investment commitments, please see http://www.fcx.com/sd/community/comm_invest.htm
Please see the 2012 Working Toward Sustainable Development Report for more information on all of their social, economic and environmental efforts. http://www.fcx.com/sd/pdfs/WTSD_2012.pdf