eBay for Charity and Council of Fashion Designers of America Partner to Fight Breast Cancer with 2018 ‘Fashion Targets Breast Cancer’ Campaign
One Hundred Percent of Proceeds Raise Funds for Breast Cancer Awareness This October
eBay for Charity and the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) are teaming up to fight breast cancer this October to support Fashion Targets Breast Cancer (FTBC), a charitable initiative of the CFDA Foundation that raises funds and awareness for breast cancer in the U.S. and internationally. Starting today through October 18 (8am PT) eBay shoppers and fashion-lovers alike can visit www.eBay.com/CFDA to browse exclusive and special-priced items, of which 100% of the proceeds will benefit Fashion Targets Breast Cancer.
With the proceeds from Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, the CFDA Foundation provides meaningful help to all women concerned about and/or diagnosed with breast cancer by providing access to reliable health information and quality health care. To date, FTBC has raised more than $55 million dollars internationally, and garnered the support of the world’s top fashion designers, models, photographers, celebrities, athletes and corporate partners. The CFDA Foundation works with The New York Community Trust to develop a focused grant-making program covering the critical areas of breast cancer screening, treatment and survival.
“Fashion Targets Breast Cancer will celebrate its 25th Anniversary in 2019. We are so pleased to partner with eBay for Charity this month to kick off our fundraising efforts,” said Lisa Smilor, Executive Vice President of the Council of Fashion Designers of America and CFDA Foundation. “The world-wide reach of eBay helps to bring tremendous exposure to this important cause, and our participating designers.”
“eBay for Charity enables millions of people to come together and to make an impact for the causes that are most important to them,” said Brenda Halkias, General Manager of eBay for Charity. “With more than 3.5 million breast cancer survivors today, October marks a significant moment for those who have been touched by the disease. Together with the CFDA we’re raising awareness and funds this month by bringing together the power of our communities to support Fashion Targets Breast Cancer.”
Some of the special and luxurious items up-for-grabs:
- Fashion for a Cause: eBay for Charity and the CFDA have partnered with fashionable tee shirt brand, Never Fully Dressed, to create their infamous “Original Boob T” in an exclusive silver color that will be available only on eBay for Charity for $25, all with proceeds benefiting FTBC.
- Additionally, in partnership with the Vibrant Body Company, we are offering a Vibrant Body bra - toxin and wire free for FTBC. With both OKEO-100 and BSCI certifications, Vibrant offers healthy products and donates a portion of each sale to support charities in service to women’s health.
- Exclusive items from leading fashion designers include APL sneakers, Kendra Scott jewelry bundle, Lulu Frost earrings, accessories from Colette Malouf and Jill Platner, advance signed copies of Dewey Nicks “Polaroids of Women” book and more.
VIP Sweepstakes and Experiences:
By donating either $10, $25, $50 or $75 to FTBC, shoppers will be entered to win a sweepstakes prize:
- Cosabella: a luxury lingerie and sleepwear line, is offering one lucky lingerie-lover the opportunity to win a year’s supply of panties.
The following (2) experiences are being offered by LA-based designers:
- Champagne Sip & Shop with designer Jonathan Simkhai: Enjoy the ultimate VIP fashion experience! Win a meet-and-greet with CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund award winning designer Jonathan Simkhai at his new LA Store and $500 shopping credit.
- Made to Measure Custom Hat by Nick Fouquet: Collaborate with acclaimed hat designer Nick Fouquet at his boutique in Venice Beach, California. After securing your measurements, Nick will work with you to determine your “best look” – selecting from a variety of his signature shapes, colors and trims.
Support and shop this Breast Cancer Awareness month by visiting eBay.com/CFDA.