Deloitte Celebrates Impact on 1.5 million Lives for 15th Annual IMPACT Day
Sharpens Focus on Veterans, Education Signature National Issues as Part of New Approach to Citizenship
NEW YORK, June 6, 2014 /3BL Media/ -- Today, Deloitte's more than 60,000 professionals will make nonprofits their top clients for the organization's 15th annual IMPACT Day. This annual day of service is a celebration of Deloitte's year-round commitment to driving positive change in communities. Since 2005, an estimated 1.5 million lives have been impacted by the volunteer efforts of Deloitte professionals on IMPACT Day. This year, with a special focus on veterans and education-focused projects, volunteers have the opportunity to participate in more than 800 volunteer events in over 80 U.S. communities.
"We are proud to harness the collective energy of our people to deliver an extraordinary impact for the communities in which we live and work, on IMPACT Day, and all year long," said Joe Echevarria, chief executive officer, Deloitte LLP. "As a leading employer of top business talent, we know that empowering our people to 'do what they do best' through skills-based volunteerism enables us to give back in ways that matter and contribute to making America stronger."
In addition to traditional "hands-on" volunteer projects, more than one-third of IMPACT Day projects leverage specialized skills and innovative thinking of Deloitte professionals to help nonprofits address their most pressing strategic, operational and financial challenges. This year, as part of Deloitte's new approach to citizenship, the organization has sharpened its focus on projects that support veterans and education issues.
Highlights of IMPACT Day 2014
- Deloitte's new approach to Citizenship: In the past year, Deloitte has refreshed its community involvement approach — by expanding its lens to drive a more unified, skills-based approach to citizenship overall. Deloitte has sharpened its focus on two national signature issues – education and veterans — and it is driving a more holistic view of societal impact that encompasses its efforts beyond community engagement to include pro bono services, societal impact-focused commercial services and Deloitte's role in modeling the change it wants to see in the world.
- Telling our Citizenship story: Launch of a new Citizenship site on Deloitte.com on IMPACT Day to share the story of Deloitte's societal impact.
- Career Opportunity Redefinition and Exploration (CORE) Leadership Program for transitioning armed forces members and veterans: As part of the White House's Joining Forces initiative, Deloitte has committed to set a goal of doubling its veteran hiring over the next three years and to supporting military members looking to transition into the corporate sector through its CORE Program. On IMPACT Day, approximately 50 CORE participants will learn from other veterans how to translate their military service experiences, skills, and leadership qualities into a business context. They will also ascertain how to identify their unique edge and apply resources and tools to select and achieve a meaningful, successful career fit. Nearly 89 percent of the graduates from the inaugural CORE session, who indicated they were actively looking for jobs, have landed full time jobs in corporate America.
- Courageous Principals: The Public Education initiative is built on a bold idea to develop stronger leaders in public education by focusing on K-12 public school principals. The Courageous Principals: From Insight to Action program (CP) shares Deloitte's leadership development curriculum with select public school principals. CP will run its second program at Deloitte University on IMPACT Day. Approximately 75 public school principals and education leaders will join this program to help strengthen their leadership skills.
- Non-Profit Summit: Working closely with United Way, Deloitte will co-host an all-day workshop in Boston to share leading practices with leaders from more than 75 local non-profit organizations.
To learn more about Deloitte's Citizenship program and IMPACT Day events, visit this year's IMPACT Day page at https://storify.com/DeloitteUS/impact-day-2014 or go to http://www.Citizenship.deloitte.com. You can also get additional information from @DeloitteUS and @LifeAtDeloitte on Twitter and Deloitte University on Facebook.
About Deloitte Citizenship
Deloitte aims to lead from the front in helping to address our nation's most pressing societal needs. To meet this aim, we have broadened our citizenship lens to recognize the multitude of ways we contribute to societal good, organized into four categories: community engagement, pro bono services, commercial services and role modeling behavior. We drive impact by sharpening our focus two national-level signature issues —veterans and education. At the local level, Health and Human Services issues currently augment our efforts. Doing what we do best — applying our skills, experiences and resources — is central to our approach.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.