Dell Technologies Publishes Its FY19 Corporate Social Responsibility Report & Demonstrates Early Completion of Much of Its 2020 Plan
Dell Technologies releases its final report on its 2020 goals
Today Dell Technologies released its final progress report against our 2020 Legacy of Good Plan. You’ll recall we established this plan back in 2013 to put our technology and talents to work where they can do the most good for people and the planet.
Thanks to the hard work and unwavering dedication of our teams around the globe, we have made tremendous progress against our plan-so much so that we have achieved early completion for many of our goals and are on track to hit the remaining.
The accomplishments include:
- Reused 100 million pounds of recycled content, plastic and other sustainable materials in Dell Technologies’ new products (achieved 2020 goal ahead of schedule).
- Developed and maintained sustainability initiatives in 100% of Dell Technologies-operated buildings (achieved 2020 goal ahead of schedule).
- Reduced 64% of product portfolio energy intensity footprint
- Delivered 5 million service hours to communities globally through initiatives that focused on but were not limited to: Skills-based volunteering, mentoring students, and developing new nonprofit technology solutions (achieved 2020 goal of service hours).
- Enabled eligible team members to participate in flexible work options and increased global participation to 60% (surpassed 2020 goal of 50%).
- Achieved 89% or higher favorable responses in team member satisfaction globally (surpassed 2020 goal of 75%).
- Allocated more than $3 billion dollars annually to diverse suppliers within supply chain programs and continued to qualify for the Billion Dollar Roundtable.
- Rolled out company-wide foundational learning program focused on mitigating unconscious bias called Many Advocating Real Change (MARC) – with 100% participation from executives globally.
- Recognized by LinkedIn as a 2019 Top Company, by FairyGodBoss as a Top 10 Tech Company according to women working at Dell Technologies, by the Human Rights Campaign’s 2019 Corporate Equality Index as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ Equality (15 consecutive years) and by Ethisphere® Institute as a World’s Most Ethical Company (6 consecutive years).
We encourage you to read our full letter as well as a letter from Michael on all the successes we’ve had over the last decade.
With this as our foundation, we know there is more work to do, and many looming challenges facing society. We feel this daily, and we know you do too. We are excited to be in such a strong position to close out the 2020 Legacy of Good Plan, shifting our attention on 2030 and the issues that will matter most to us over the next decade.
So, we're introducing Progress Made Real – our Vision for 2030 that reflects our core purpose as a company to drive human progress.
We are excited to share how we will work to bring people and technology together — to shape a better 2030 for all. The journey starts today, and we plan to keep you updated every step of the way.
Visit DellTechnologies.com/ProgressMadeReal for the full FY19 progress report and 2030 vision, and follow along on social using #ProgressMadeReal.