ReportAlert.info - Telstra (ASX:TLS) publishes ninth Sustainability Report
The report reviews the company's performance on key customer, community, employee and environmental issues for the 2010/11 financial year
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) December 14, 2011 - Telstra Corporation Limited has issued the company’s ninth Sustainability Report. This Report reviews the company’s performance on key customer, community, employee and environmental issues for the 2010/11 financial year. A copy of the report along with supplementary sustainability performance information can be found at: telstra.com.au/sustainability
Key highlights include:
• Higher customer satisfaction levels as the company implements a number of initiatives to make it faster, easier and simpler to do business with.
• Social and community investment valued at $248 million.
• Assisting more than one million customers each month through digital inclusion programs.
• Introducing measurable objectives to improve gender diversity at all levels of the company.
• Launching its second Reconciliation Action Plan outlining 53 actions for Indigenous customers, employees and community.
• Reducing total energy consumption by 2.4 per cent and total carbon emissions by 1.7 per cent through a range of initiatives to improve network energy efficiency. This was achieved while delivering a 67.3 per cent increase in data to customers.
• Providing support to customers and local communities, valued at $1.6 million, in the wake of natural disasters in Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
The Report was compiled using the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 Guidelines and Telecommunications Sector Supplement to a C+ Application Level, and was independently assured in accordance with the AA1000AS (2008).
Telstra is Australia’s leading telecommunications and information services company. It offers a full range of services and competes in all telecommunications markets throughout Australia, providing more than 8.3 million Australian fixed line and 12.2 million mobile services. Telstra’s international businesses include Telstra International, CSL World, search and advertising business in China and Telstra Clear in New Zealand.