ReportAlert.info - Stantec (TSE:SYN) Publishes 2010 Corporate Sustainability Report
The firm continues to improve its sustainability performance
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) June 30, 2011 - North American design firm Stantec has published its 2010 Corporate Sustainability Report in which the firm outlines its performance towards environmental, social, and economic goals and identifies several areas targeted for improvement.
Says Stantec CEO Bob Gomes, “Over the past two years, we have taken some key steps toward achieving our long-term sustainability goals. We have strengthened our capacity to measure and enhance the sustainability of our operations and services. Building a strong foundation for benchmarking and improving sustainability performance is a critical component of our sustainability strategy.”
The report conforms to the G3 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines developed by the Global Reporting Initiative, the internationally recognized standard for such reports.
The report addresses sustainability initiatives and impacts in both in-house operations and services the firm provides across multiple sectors and technical and consulting disciplines.
In 2010, Stantec reported progress on its sustainability goals in a number of key areas:
- Formally adopted a corporate sustainability policy
- Reported local greenhouse gas emissions inventory data from 95% of its offices
- Conducted the first environmental footprint of its North American offices
- Launched a mandatory business ethics training program
- Established integrated sustainability services teams for seven unique client opportunity areas
- Launched a company-wide sustainability engagement program
- Continued progress on adding LEED® certified and LEED registered Stantec offices (now 15)
- Recognized with several national sustainability awards related to social responsibility and carbon disclosure
- Participated in the design of dozens of LEED registered and certified buildings, including the largest net-zero energy (targeted) building in North America.
Stantec’s report is available under the Sustainable Solutions section at http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/Stantec/2011/?ID=39312