ReportAlert.info - Saudi Basic Industries Corporation publishes Sustainability Report 2012
The report reflects the company's commitment to work continuously over time toward a more sustainable way of doing business and to a more sustainable future
November 18, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) released its second Sustainability Report for the year 2012 titled ‘Step by Step’. The title reflects SABIC’s commitment to work continuously over time toward a more sustainable way of doing business and to a more sustainable future. The new report incorporates additional performance metrics and also responds to the feedback from SABIC’s customers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
Last year SABIC issued its first ever sustainability report, introducing its heritage and commitment to advancing economic, social and environmental sustainability throughout its business. This year’s report reflects SABIC’s determination to enhance its sustainability performance continuously over time and respond to additional stakeholder expectations.
The report and its related components (CEO message, Feedback etc. ) can be viewed at www.sabic.com/corporate/en/sustainability/sustainability_report.
To download a pdf copy of the report click here: www.sabic.com/corporate/en/images/SABIC_Sustainability_Report_for_2012_tcm12-5846.pdf
SABIC ranks among the world’s top petrochemical companies. The company is among the world’s market leaders in the production of polyethylene, polypropylene and other advanced thermoplastics, glycols, methanol and fertilizers.
SABIC recorded a net profit of SR 24.72 billion (US$ 6.59 billion) in 2012. Sales revenues for 2012 totaled SR 189 billion (US$ 50.40 billion). Total assets stood at SR 338 billion (US$ 90.13 billion) at the end of 2012.
SABIC’s businesses are grouped into Chemicals, Polymers, Performance Chemicals, Fertilizers, Metals and Innovative Plastics. SABIC has significant research resources with 17 dedicated Technology & Innovation facilities in Saudi Arabia, the USA, the Netherlands, Spain, Japan, India, China and South Korea. The company operates in more than 40 countries across the world with around 40,000 employees worldwide.
SABIC was founded in 1976 to use the hydrocarbon gases associated with its oil production as the principal feedstock for production of chemicals, polymers and fertilizers. The Saudi Government owns 70 percent of SABIC shares with the remaining 30 percent held by private investors in Saudi Arabia and other Gulf Cooperation Council countries.