ReportAlert.info - Royal Dutch Shell (LON:RDSA) publishes Sustainability Report 2010
The report describes how the Company is helping to meet the world's growing energy demand in a responsible way
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) April 14, 2011 - Royal Dutch Shell plc has released its Sustainability Report for 2010 at http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/Shell/2011/?ID=37509.
The report describes how Shell is helping to meet the world’s growing energy demand in a responsible way. This includes:
- Continuing to raise production of cleaner-burning natural gas;
- Investing in the production of lower-CO2 biofuels from Brazilian sugar cane;
- Spending $1.0 billion on research and development in advanced technologies, including those needed to produce energy more efficiently;
- Working to advance carbon capture and storage technology;
- Providing customers with advanced lubricants and fuels, such as Shell FuelSave, its most energy-efficient fuel; and
- Involving communities to contribute to local development and improve how we operate;
The report underscores how safety continues to be Shell’s top priority: the company achieved its best safety record to date in 2010. Shell’s technical expertise, safety culture and rigorous global standards reinforce its ability to operate responsibly, however challenging the conditions.
For the sixth year, an independent External Review Committee has reviewed and assessed the Report's balance, completeness and responsiveness. The Committee's assessment is included in the report.
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) has confirmed an A+ application level of its G3 Reporting Guidelines.
Hard copies of Shell’s Sustainability Report 2010 can be ordered from http://www.shell.com/annualreport.