ReportAlert.info - Novo Nordisk (CPH:NOVO.B) publishes 2010 Annual Report
The report outlines the company's sales growth, progress in clinical development programmes, healthcare system capacity building & reductions in CO2 emissions
(3BLMedia/theCSRfeed) February 14, 2011 - Novo Nordisk reports strong financial, social and environmental performance for 2010
Novo Nordisk, the world leader in diabetes care, has released its seventh annual integrated report with 2010 results. The company’s achievements for the year include solid sales growth, progress in clinical development programmes, healthcare system capacity building, and reductions in resource consumption and CO2 emissions.
During 2010, Novo Nordisk:
- Increased sales by 13% (in local currencies) and by 19% in Danish kroner to DKK 60,776 million compared to 2009.
- Maintained global leadership in diabetes care with 51% of the total insulin market measured by volume.
- Trained or sponsored training for more than 350,000 healthcare providers to improve diabetes care globally.
- Expanded support for healthcare capacity building in developing countries by donating 69 million Danish kroner to the World Diabetes Foundation and 15 million kroner to the Novo Nordisk Haemophilia Foundation.
- Reduced CO2 emissions from production by 35% compared to 2009.
Novo Nordisk manages its business using the Triple Bottom Line principle to ensure that decision-making balances profitability with long-term societal interests. The company’s integrated reporting seeks to meet the information needs of all stakeholders.
The company reports additional information for specific stakeholder groups at http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/NovoNordisk/2011/?ID=36205. Novo Nordisk values feedback and welcomes questions or comments about its reporting and performance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Novo Nordisk
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with nearly 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. The company also has leading positions within haemophilia care, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk employs more than 30,000 employees in 74 countries, and markets its products in 179 countries.
Novo Nordisk strives to conduct its activities in a financially, environmentally and socially responsible way. Novo Nordisk is listed in the 2010/2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices with a gold class rating recognising its integrated reporting, stakeholder engagement and consistently high sustainability performance. For more information, visit http://www.novonordisk.com/sustainability.