ReportAlert.info - Novo Nordisk (CPH:NOVO.B) Publishes 10th Integrated Annual Report
The report details the company's social, environmental and financial results for 2013
February 4, 2014 /3BL Media/ - On 3 February 2014, Novo Nordisk published its 2013 Annual Report detailing the company’s social, environmental and financial results for 2013. The report highlights the company’s progression towards long-term targets during a year of challenges and setbacks. Novo Nordisk has taken an integrated approach to reporting since 2004, accounting for social, environmental and financial performance.
In the 2013 report, Novo Nordisk looks at how external events and stakeholder expectations are shaping the pharmaceutical industry and the public health agenda. Articles in the report include the global rise in diabetes, public trust in the pharmaceutical industry and address the question of obesity as a disease.
Novo Nordisk’s 2013 social, environmental and financial performance highlights include:
- Increased sales by 12% in local currencies and by 7% in Danish kroner to DKK 83.6 billion
- Increased operating profit by 15% in local currencies and by 7% in Danish kroner to DKK 31.5 billion
- Increased net profit by 18% to DKK 25.2 billion
- Reached an estimated 24.3 million people with diabetes care products during 2013, up from 22.8 million in 2012
- Created 3,700 new jobs in the company
- Increased employee engagement during high employee growth as measured in the annual company-wide survey on adherence to the Novo Nordisk Way
- Increase in CO2 emissions from energy consumption of 2% compared to 2012
- Increase in water consumption of 8% compared to 2012
- Increase in energy consumption of 6% compared to 2012
Download the report
Novo Nordisk’s Annual Report 2013 is available as a downloadable PDF.
Novo Nordisk values feedback and welcomes questions or comments about its reporting and performance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Novo Nordisk’s sustainability, visit novonordisk.com/sustainability