ReportAlert.info - Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) Publishes 2013 Citizenship Report
The report showcases the company's performance in the areas of working responsibly and serving communities around the world
November 26, 2013 /3BL Media/ - The 2013 Citizenship Report showcases Microsoft’s performance in the areas of working responsibly and serving communities around the world. The Citizenship Report provides a view into goals, progress and next steps in key areas including philanthropy, diversity, environmental commitments, and human rights. The Corporate Citizenship initiatives and results described in this report are a reflection of the work Microsoft employees do, day-in and day-out, to create technology that improves peoples’ lives and to operate the company in ways that meet the highest standards of corporate social responsibility.
Citizenship Report Highlights:
- 103 million youth globally benefited from the YouthSpark initiative in FY13 through Microsoft's partnerships, programs, providing education, employment and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- In FY13, Microsoft donated, on average, $2 million a day in software to more than 70,000 nonprofits around the world through the Technology for Good program.
- Microsoft employees donated over $100 million to more than 18,000 nonprofits worldwide
- Microsoft achieved carbon neutrality by more than doubling the company’s investment in renewable energy in FY13 by purchasing 2.3 billion kWh of green power globally.
- Launched the Microsoft Technology and Human Rights Center to further integrate human rights into company culture and throughout its operations.
2013 Citizenship Report: http://www.microsoft.com/about/corporatecitizenship/en-us/reporting/