ReportAlert.info - Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK) Publishes 2013 Global Corporate Responsibility Report
The report focuses on the company's corporate responsibility activities, progress and performance during 2013
August 6, 2014 /3BL Media/ - Merck, known as MSD outside of the U.S. and Canada, recently issued its 2013 global Corporate Responsibility report. Available at www.merckresponsibility.com the report focuses on corporate responsibility activities, progress & performance in four priority areas: Access to Health, Environmental Sustainability, Employees and Ethics & Transparency.
- Reached over 340 million people through programs and partnerships to help address barriers to access to health
- Through a ground-breaking partnership to treat river blindness, Colombia became the first country to eliminate the disease
- Collaborating closely with more than 75 implementing partners, Merck for Mothers initiated over 50 projects in 30 countries
- Implemented a new streamlined environmental strategy focusing on the issues most important to Merck's business and stakeholders
- Narrowed environmental sustainability goals to the critical few that align with the business and focus on key global environmental challenges
- Leveraged the scientific and business skills of employees through the Richard T. Clark Fellowship for World Health to address health needs of underserved populations
- Ranked No.1 in the CPA-Zicklin Index of Corporate Political Disclosure and Accountability for three consecutive years
Merck uses several external guidelines and measurement frameworks to inform its reporting: the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI G4) Guidelines, the Millennium Development Goals, the Access to Medicine Index and the United Nations Global Compact.
Today's Merck is a global healthcare leader working to help the world be well. Merck is known as MSD outside the United States and Canada. Through our prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and consumer care and animal health products, we work with customers and operate in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to healthcare through far-reaching policies, programs and partnerships. For more information, visit www.merck.com and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Send us your feedback: email@example.com