ReportAlert.info - Land Securities (LON:LAND) publishes Corporate Responsibility Report 2011
The Company's latest Corporate Responsibility Reports are now available online.
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) June 23, 2011 - Land Securities publishes its Corporate Responsibility report today. In addition, Land Securities has taken this opportunity to launch an updated Responsibility section of its corporate website.
In recognition of its different stakeholders’ needs, it also publishes two short summaries – one with stories from its Retail Portfolio and the other for audiences interested in its central London operations. Both are downloadable from http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/LandSecurities/2011/?ID=39248.
Highlights to look out for include:
- First time reporting of those things considered by the company to be ‘business as usual’ which in the past, have not been made overtly public
- Detailed environmental performance data for absolute energy use, normalised and like-for-like CO2 emissions, waste (including recovered energy from waste) and water
- Zero waste to landfill achieved in London Portfolio and 78% diverted in Retail Portfolio
- £3.365m value placed on its community investment activities (space, time, donations and in-kind), equating to approximately £4,800 value per employee
- The introduction of a new Stakeholder Panel to provide objective opinion and guidance
- Setting long-term, material, community related targets on local authority engagement, employment and education in line with its long-term objective to be number one partner of choice for positive social and economic change
- Commitment to succession planning and driving excellence from within the business
- Detailed targets for the coming years
Land Securities is the UK’s largest Real Estate Investment Trust and a FTSE100 property company. It has 26 shopping centres and 17 retail parks and develops, owns and manages office space in central London. An estimated 50,000 spend their working day in a Land Securities’ building.