ReportAlert.info - Kinross (TSE:K) Publishes 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report
The report is a comprehensive account of the Company's commitment to sustainable mining and transparency
July 22, 2014 /3BL Media/ - Kinross Gold Corporation today released its 2013 Corporate Responsibility Report, a comprehensive account of the Company’s commitment to sustainable mining and transparency.
It is available online at http://2013corporateresponsibilityreport.kinross.com/
The Report provides an in-depth review of Kinross’ corporate responsibility strategy and performance in 2012 and 2013 and highlights key achievements in the areas of health and safety, education, economic benefit, community engagement and the environment. Highlights include:
Health & Safety
- Lowest injury frequency rate among peers in 2012-2013
- Injury frequency rate declined 54% between 2011 and 2013
- Zero fatalities in 2013
- 84,000 stakeholders engaged in 2013
- No major events or permitting delays as a result of stakeholder concerns
- 88% of Kinross revenue spent in host countries through wages, in-country procurement, community investments and contributions to local tax base
- 97% of Kinross workforce hired in host countries
- 74% of goods and services sourced in-country
- Decreased water consumption at all sites in water-scarce regions
- One of the lowest energy use and GHG emission intensity rates among peers
Four video case studies illustrate Kinross’ work as it relates to the environment, communities, workforce and economic benefit.
The report complies with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) at the “A” application level. Certain performance indicators, including Safety, Energy, Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions, Water Use and Water Generation, were independently reviewed and assured by KPMG LLP.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Brazil, Chile, Ghana, Mauritania, Russia and the United States. Kinross maintains listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: K) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:KGC).