ReportAlert.info - Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES) publishes 2010 Corporate Sustainability Report
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) July 28, 2011 - Hess Corporation (NYSE: HES) has published its 2010 Corporate Sustainability Report, a comprehensive review of the company’s environment, social, anti-corruption and operational risk management programs and performance http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/Hess/2011/?ID=40199.
In 2010, the company improved its safety performance for the sixth consecutive year, made substantial progress in reducing greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs), strengthened its human rights program, increased its social investments in health and education, and made progress in workforce development. Hess also undertook actions to address key energy sector challenges arising from the Macondo incident in the Gulf of Mexico and hydraulic fracturing concerns.
During the year, the company
- Improved the workforce recordable incident rate by 3%, with zero fatalities.
- Reduced GHG emissions intensity by 15%, or 1.8 million tonnes, from the 2008 baseline
- Issued a stand-alone human rights policy
- Increased community investments by 40%
- Established programs to increase the number of nationals in leadership positions
- Expanded energy management products and services to help customers reduce their carbon footprints
This year’s annual sustainability report, the company’s fourteenth, was prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 sustainability reporting principles and guidance. Report content and the company’s self-declared GRI G3 A+ application level were third-party verified by ERM CVS.
Hess welcomes questions, comments and feedback on this report, as well as requests for print copies, at firstname.lastname@example.org