ReportAlert.info - Fluor (NYSE:FLR) publishes 2010 Sustainability Report: Insight/Onsite
Three projects are featured in the report that demonstrate the Company's commitment to bringing sustainable practices to projects and clients
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) October 11, 2011 - Global engineering and construction company Fluor Corporation has published its 2010 Sustainability Report: Insight/Onsite, available online at http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/Fluor/2011/?ID=41903.
Three projects are featured in the report that demonstrate Fluor’s commitment to bringing sustainable practices to projects and clients by utilizing a “real life” approach that aligns Fluor and the client company on sustainability goals and steps to achieve those goals. The projects featured are: Bay Bridge, San Francisco-Oakland, California, for the California Department of Transportation; Chayvo Onshore Processing Facility, Sakhalin Island, Russia, for ExxonMobil; and Jetty Boil-Off Gas Recovery, Ras Laffan, Qatar, for Qatargas Operating Company.
Notable accomplishments in the focus areas of Ethics & Compliance; Governance; Employees & Workplace; Health, Safety & Environment; and Community & Social Service include:
- Being named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Magazine for the fourth year;
- Reducing global energy consumption in Fluor offices by more than 10.3 million kilowatt-hours or 1.3 kilowatt-hours per square foot.
- Sustaining Fluor’s impressive safety performance.
- Supporting the continued growth of the World Economic Forum’s Partnering Against Corruption Initiative, including work on the Responsible Mineral Development Initiative, a major public-private partnership project in Mongolia, to formulate and implement a series of transparency, sustainability and anti-corruption guidelines for companies operating in the mining sector; and
- Contributing $6.2 million to community organizations, educational initiatives and programs in 17 countries, with employee volunteer hours growing to 35,000.
Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) designs, builds and maintains many of the world's most challenging and complex projects. Through its global network of offices on six continents, the company provides comprehensive capabilities and world-class expertise in the fields of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance and project management. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, Fluor is a FORTUNE 200 company and had revenue of $20.8 billion in 2010. For more information, visit http://www.fluor.com/.