ReportAlert.info - CSL Limited (ASX:CSL) publishes Corporate Responsibility 2011
The report details CSL's performance across its key corporate responsibility priority areas
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) December 13, 2011 - CSL Limited has published its third Corporate Responsibility Report - Our Corporate Responsibility 2011 - available at www.csl.com.au/about/corporate-responsibility.htm
The report details CSL’s performance across its key corporate responsibility priority areas for the period 1 July 2010 and 30 June 2011. These priority areas include the Company’s research into new and improved medicines, ensuring the safety and quality of its broad portfolio of therapies, providing a positive and healthy work environment for employees, behaving responsibly in the global marketplace, providing charitable support for communities in need around the world and minimising the environmental impacts of its operations.
Highlights and statistics include:
• the completion of enterprise wide employee training of our Code of Responsible Business Practice;
• sustained R&D investment of more than A$300 million per year for the last three years;
• renewal of Quality Standards of Excellence, Assurance and Leadership certifications for our plasma processing sites in Europe;
• economic contribution direct to local economies of more than A$3.8 billion, including global community investment of A$27.5 million;
• a reduction in our recorded rates of lost time injury frequency and medical treatment injury frequency by 30% and 9% than in the previous year, respectively;
• continued reduction in environmental intensity across all reported indicators, including a 5% reduction in our energy consumption and greenhouse gas emission intensity across our plasma processing sites.
The CSL Group has a combined heritage of outstanding contribution to medicine and human health with more than 90 years experience in the development and manufacture of vaccines and plasma protein biotherapies. With major facilities in Australia, Germany, Switzerland and the US, CSL has over 11,000 employees working in more than 20 countries.
Please provide feedback on CSL’s Report at: