ReportAlert.info - Commonwealth Bank Group (ASX:CBA) Publishes Sustainability Report 2014
The report provides information on the group's sustainability initiatives and achievements over the last financial year
August 19, 2014 /3BL Media/ - The Commonwealth Bank Group (the Group) today released its online Sustainability Report 2014, available at www.commbank.com.au/sustainability2014. In the report, you will find information on the Group’s sustainability initiatives and achievements over the last financial year, as well as case studies and performance data showing progress over time.
For the Group, sustainability means continuing to build a successful business today while creating enduring value for the Group’s customers, people, shareholders and for the wider community. This means:
- Driving sustainable business practices including embedding a productivity culture and a zero tolerance approach to bribery, corruption and facilitation payments.
- Providing responsible financial services and formalising reporting of its environmental and social risk practices by becoming a signatory to the Equator Principles.
- Creating a more inclusive workplace through the development of an engaged and talented workforce.
- Focusing on community contribution and action with 11,400 staff members donating to the Staff Community Fund, thereby enabling $2 million in grants to be awarded in FY14 to 238 organisations focussed on the health and wellbeing of Australian youth.
- Committing to environmental stewardship by setting new carbon reduction targets and providing funding for renewable energy projects.
The sustainability performance data was independently assured by PWC.
Established in 1912, the Group is Australia’s leading provider of integrated financial services including retail banking, premium banking, business banking, institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, investment and sharebroking products and services. With established businesses in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, the United States and the Asia-Pacific region, the Group has 52,000 employees globally who serve over 14 million customers. More information about the Group can be accessed at: http://www.commbank.com.au
The Group welcomes all feedback and is interested in hearing your thoughts about the Sustainability Report 2014. Please email your feedback to: email@example.com