ReportAlert.info - Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX:CBA) publishes Sustainability Report 2011
The report details key sustainability initiatives undertaken across the company's five sustainability foundations of Customers, People, Community, Governance and Environment
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) October 28, 2011 - The Commonwealth Bank of Australia today released its Sustainability Report 2011. The report details key sustainability initiatives undertaken in the 12 months to 30 June 2011 across the company’s five sustainability foundations of Customers, People, Community, Governance and Environment. The report is available online at http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/CBA/2011/?ID=42218
The report showcases the Group’s approach to Sustainability: one of long term value creation that supports the Group’s business strategy and vision of excellence in customer service, and includes:
1. Key metrics that have been independently reviewed by KPMG,
2. A number of short films profiling sustainability initiatives and featuring Commonwealth Bank employees,
3. Updates across the five sustainability foundations:
- Customers: the Group has continued to improve day-to-day services for both retail and business customers focusing on product innovation and new technologies,
- People: the Group has continued to foster a culture of trust and team spirit with initiatives building an engaged, talented and effective workforce,
- Community: the Group responded quickly in the wake of natural disasters and has continued to build community programs and partnerships across Australia,
- Governance: the Group has continued to focus on strong ethics, accountability and disclosure,
- Environment: the Group has remained focused on managing its environmental impact and reducing its carbon footprint.
The Commonwealth Bank is a leading provider of integrated financial services including retail banking, premium banking, business banking, institutional banking, funds management, superannuation, insurance, and investment and sharebroking products and services. The Commonwealth Bank has established businesses in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, the United States and the Asia-Pacific region. With 11 million retail and business customers, and 52,000 employees globally, the Commonwealth Bank is Australia’s largest financial institution, and the second largest company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, based on market capitalization.
The Commonwealth Bank welcomes all feedback and is interested in hearing your thoughts about the new Sustainability Report. Please email your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org