ReportAlert.info - Caesars Entertainment Corporation Publishes Environmental Sustainability & Community Engagement Report 2009-2010
The report announces the company's first carbon inventory & an EPA-approved absolute emissions reduction goal
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) April 4, 2011 - Caesars Entertainment (formerly Harrah’s Entertainment) has published its first corporate responsibility report: Caesars Entertainment Complete Environmental Sustainability and Community Engagement Report 2009-2010.
In the report, Caesars announces its first carbon inventory (U.S. resorts) and an EPA-approved absolute emissions reduction goal of 10 percent from 2007-2013. The report and Carbon Reduction Goals are firsts in the gaming/hospitality/entertainment industry
The report was informed by the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G3 Guidelines and is G3 Undeclared.
Caesars' first report is driven by the company’s Code of Commitment, a public pledge to employees, guests and communities that it will operate responsibly and sustainably.
Caesars Environmental Firsts for the gaming/hospitality/entertainment industry
- EPA Climate Leader, announced Carbon Inventory & Reduction Goals, CDP Participant, EPA WasteWise Gold Achievement award (national) and Regional Environmental Quality award, Founding Partner Team Earth (Conservation International), Seven Travelife Gold Awards Sustainability in Tourism
- Creative, passionate CodeGreen action teams drive projects at each resort
- $60M investment over 7 years in energy efficiency projects has led to annual reduction of 153M kilowatt-hours
- Cut annual water use by 200M gallons since 2005
- Recycle 640,000 gallons annually of used cooking oil
Community in 2009
- HERO (Harrah’s Entertainment Reaching Out) teams volunteered 114,000 hours in their communities
- Combined Foundation and corporate giving totaled more than $67M
Caesars welcomes feedback on this report and its overall corporate responsibility performance at email@example.com
Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest gaming, hospitality and entertainment provider, with 70,000 employees, 52 resorts, 40,000 hotel rooms, and 1.5 million square feet of convention space. Based in Las Vegas, Nevada, Caesars has resorts in the U.S., Macau, South Africa, the UK and Uruguay. Revenues in 2009 were $8.9 billion. Caesars’ properties operate primarily under the Caesars®, Harrah’s®, and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker® and London Clubs International family of casinos.