ReportAlert.info - Bell Canada publishes 2010 Corporate Responsibility Report
The report meets the Global Reporting Initiatives GRI-G3 A+ reporting level
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) July 27, 2011 - Bell Canada, the largest communications company in Canada, has just published its 2010 Corporate Responsibility Report online. The report meets the Global Reporting Initiatives GRI–G3 A+ reporting level.
Among other things, the report details Bell’s leadership in sustainability including the company’s recognition from the FTSE4Good Global Index, the Jantzi Social Index and Oekom Research.
As well, the report features detailed performance data and qualitative descriptions of several key corporate responsibility initiatives. The five main sections of this electronic report address the issues that are most relevant to the company’s business and to its stakeholders, including:
1. Sustainability: outlining its vision, values, approach and management
2. Community: leading the corporate sector with the unprecedented five-year, $50‑million Bell Mental Health Initiative and other community investments
3. Environment: reducing the environmental impact of its operations through many successful programs, including the reduction of its carbon footprint by 22% since 2003, and maintaining the
ISO 14001 certification of its management system
4. Customers: ensuring better customer service and network reliability and offering responsible
products and e-solutions and product take-back service
5. Workplace: adhering to rigorous world-class governance standards and ensuring diversity
The full report is available at: http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/Bell/2011/?ID=40060