ReportAlert.info - Barclays (LON:BARC) publishes Citizenship Report 2010
The report marks the eleventh year that the Company has reported on its environmental & social performance
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) May 16, 2011 - Barclays has published its Citizenship Report 2010 at: http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/Barclays/2011/?ID=37800
2010 marked the eleventh year that Barclays has reported on its environmental and social performance and, for the first time, the Report has been published online alongside the Annual Report. The Report has been independently assured by Ernst & Young and meets the requirements of a Type 2 assurance engagement as defined by AA1000AS.
- Extended £43bn in gross new lending to households and businesses in the UK alone, including £7.5bn from the acquisition of Standard Life Bank
- Supported 106,000 business start-ups in the UK - an increase of 12 per cent over 2009 and the highest number since 2003
- Invested more than £55m in the communities where Barclays operates
- Engaged 62,000 colleagues in volunteering, regular giving and fundraising activities
- Launched new Climate Action Programme 2011-2015
- Involved in £7bn worth of transactions in the clean energy and clean technology sector globally
- Committed £1bn over the next four years to improving the customer experience
- Achieved an 80 per cent overall score in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Ranked sixth in the global financial sector in the Global 500 Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index report and achieved an A rating in the inaugural Carbon Performance Leadership Index
Barclays, which has reported against the G3 indicator protocols and its Financial Sector Supplement since 2007, is a major global financial services provider engaged in retail banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth management with an extensive international presence.
Citizenship is one of Barclays four execution priorities. Chief Executive Bob Diamond said: “Citizenship is not peripheral to our business, but rather lies at the heart of what we do - which is to employ Barclays unique resources, expertise and people to support our customers, clients and communities.”
To provide feedback on this report, please visit http://www.barclaysannualreports.com/ar2010/index.asp?pageid=92 or email email@example.com