ReportAlert.info - Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) publishes its first Sustainability Report
The report provides insight into the company's sustainability priorities, progress and goals
(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) October 4, 2011 - Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) released its first Sustainability Report, Together We’re Stronger, detailing the company’s 2010 sustainability initiatives, performance and goals. The report, which conforms to GRI guidelines, is available at: http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/AveryDennison/2011/?ID=41867.
The report describes how Avery Dennison is working collaboratively to bring product, branding and information solutions to market that increase the sustainability of the industries it serves. “We are delivering on our promise to improve our footprint and work with suppliers, customers, end users and communities to help them become more sustainable,” said Dean Scarborough, Avery Dennison chairman, president and CEO.
The report highlights the company’s 2010 progress:
- Reduced energy use (indexed to net sales) 6% from 2009 levels;
- Established a web-based system to manage environmental data;
- Built LCA capability into product development and launched Avery Dennison™ Greenprint, a tool that helps customers assess the environmental impact of packaging and products; and
- Donated $7.2 million of school supplies to U.S. K-12 schools.
The report also covers sustainability goals for the future:
- Achieving zero manufacturing waste to landfill from facilities;
- Driving social compliance into the supply chain by initiating a pilot with select partners; and
- Further developing the Avery Dennison Foundation’s Global Grantmaking Initiative to support nonprofits in emerging markets.
Feedback is welcomed at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) helps make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent. For more than 75 years the company has been a global leader in pressure-sensitive technology and materials, retail branding and information solutions, and organization and identification products for offices and consumers. A FORTUNE 500 company with sales of $6.5 billion in 2010, Avery Dennison is based in Pasadena, California and has employees in over 50 countries. For more information, visit www.averydennison.com.