ReportAlert.info - Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ASX:ANZ) publishes Shareholder and Corporate Responsibility Review 2010
The report details progress on the company's strategy to become a major financial services organisation across Australia, New Zealand, Asia & the Pacific
(3BLMedia/theCSRfeed) December 6, 2010 - ANZ’s 2010 performance and results are detailed in its integrated Annual Shareholder and Corporate Responsibility Review.
Read the Review: http://www.reportalert.info/ra/profiles/ANZ/2010/?ID=34573.
The Review describes progress on ANZ’s strategy to become a major financial services organisation across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Pacific; financial highlights for the year ended 30 September 2010; and progress and results as part of the bank’s commitment to growing responsibly.
- Improving retail customer satisfaction in Australia from 76.5% in September 2009 to 79.9% in September 2010, the highest of all four major banks.
- Increasing total number of women in management to 38.4%, up from 36.8% in September 2009.
- Introducing – ‘Respecting People and Communities – ANZ’s approach to human rights’, to guide relationships with customers, employees, suppliers and communities wherever the bank operates.
- Extending the reach of its financial capability and inclusion programs in Australia and adapting these to suit local cultures and contexts in New Zealand and the Pacific.
- Improving economic and financial inclusion in Cambodia through its WING mobile phone payments service, now reaching 180,000 customers, around 56% of whom were previously unbanked.
- Continuing to play a leading role in supporting the renewable energy sector with renewable energy projects now representing a third of ANZ’s project finance power portfolio in Australia.
Areas for improvement highlighted include enhancing employee engagement and achieving 100,000 volunteering hours in the year ahead. These, along with a number of other actions and initiatives to support the bank’s super-regional strategy are the focus of ANZ’s CR targets in 2011.
ANZ was founded 175 years ago and is committed to building lasting partnerships with customers, shareholders and communities. ANZ operates in 32 countries, provides a range of banking and financial products and services to more than 5.7 million retail customers and employs 48,000 people worldwide.
Read the Chairman’s and CEO’s message:
Bahasa Indonesia (PDF 149kB): http://www.anz.com/resources/7/5/75bd970044db92909a22beab6c2532f8/2010_Review_Msg-Indo.pdf
Feedback can be provided by emailing email@example.com