Coca-Cola Every Bottle Has A Story
Film Celebrates Change Agents Behind Coke’s Sustainability Programs
A new 60-second film from Coca-Cola introduces a handful of individuals who are building a happier world by starting with their fellow citizens.
Viewers meet David, who teaches kids how to win in life through the Street Games organization in the United Kingdom, and Zilda, who leads a recycling cooperative in Brazil with support from Coke’s 5by20 initiative. They’re also introduced to Peter, who is working with WWF to preserve the polar bear’s arctic habitat, and Jinyan, who is restoring water and hope in China.
The spot is part of the Every Bottle Has a Story series of documentary-style short films narrated not from the point of view of Coca-Cola the brand or company, but through the lens of those who are leading and benefiting from its sustainability efforts.
More than 60 Every Bottle Has a Story films have been produced in 30-plus countries, to date. The authentic, first-person narratives have struck a chord with consumers and stakeholders around the world.
“We saw the opportunity to bring global visibility to our local sustainability projects and, specifically, provide a clear point of view on our three core priorities of Women, Water and Well-being,” said Javier Rodriguez Merino, Coke’s senior global director, sustainability marketing.
Coke hopes these local heroes -- who are driving change by inspiring and mobilizing others -- will build global awareness and collectively issue a call to action.
“What we’re trying to do is inspire people to learn more about our sustainability efforts and become change agents themselves,” Rodriguez Merino said. “We all have potential to be ‘happiness starters’… an idea we think will resonate with people, particularly Millennials who are looking to brands and companies that are making a difference in the world.
Coke is working to make a difference through a sustainability strategy focused on economically empowering 5 million women by 2020; replenishing 100 percent of the water we use to produce our beverages; and enhancing well-being by helping people achieve the energy balance that’s right for them.
Click here to learn more about our sustainability programs: http://www.coca-colacompany.com/sustainability/
More On Journey
- Infographic: 5by20 by the Numbers
- Water Stewardship Infographic: Conserving Our Most Precious Resource
- Infographic: Illustrating Coca-Cola’s Global Commitments to Help Fight Obesity
- Coca-Cola Releases 2012-2013 Global Sustainability Report
- Every Bottle Has a Story: 3 Films Bring to Life Coke's Water Programs
- Paving a New Path Forward in Myanmar: ‘Swan Yi’ Arms Women Entrepreneurs With Financial Literacy and Business Skills
- Happy Anniversary: Coke, WWF Celebrate Progress for the Planet
- Coca-Cola and StreetGames Give UK Kids Sports at Their Doorsteps
- Coletivo: Supporting Recycling Cooperatives in Becoming Self-Sustaining Businesses
- Meet Preeti Gupta