CFSI Published New Conflict Minerals Reporting Template Version 4.0
The CFSI has updated the CMRT to version 4.0. The CMRT is a standardized reporting template developed by the CFSI to help companies transfer information throughout the supply chain about mineral country of origin, smelters, and refiners.
Key updates to note for CMRT 4.0:
- Updated Smelter List
- Now has “commonly used alternative names” for smelters, which will help improve accuracy
- Includes smelter’s city and province
- Numerous translation improvements
- Amendment of the question and answer language in the declaration to meet the changes of IPC-1755 Conflict Minerals Data Exchange standard that were set in March 2015
The CFSI recommends that for RY 2014 companies use CMRT versions 3.0, 3.01, or 3.02. The CMRT 4.0 is recommended for RY 2015.
As the Conflict Minerals reporting deadline quickly approaches on June 1, 2015, it is important for companies to stay in the know of updates such as the one above. Currently, smelter verification alerts are being offered by Source Intelligence on the Conflict Minerals Resource Center (CMRC). This week the CMRC is providing complimentary registration.
As a CMRC member you will get:
- Access to the training module and certificate of completion
- Access to the Smelter Verification Webinar in English and Chinese, and a large selection of conflict minerals webinars.
- Subscription for real time email Alerts for updates and/or changes that impact Conflict Minerals Compliance and Smelter Verification
- Access to Conflict Minerals Due Diligence Case Studies and White Papers
To view instructions on how to register on the CMRC with the complimentary coupon code, use these instructions.