Tapestry I Our Planet
Higher Standards for a More Sustainable Planet.
Across our operations and throughout our supply chain, we are working to reduce our environmental impact and design more sustainable products.
Our 2025 strategy builds on our progress to date.
We are working towards our goals of reducing our greenhouse gas emissions, decreasing waste and water use, procuring renewable energy in our stores, offices and fulfillment centers, and sourcing our materials ethically and responsibly.
- Combatting Climate Change
- As one of the world’s greatest challenges and global disrupters, climate change impacts us all. To reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and mitigate our climate-related risks, we have committed to set science-based emissions reduction targets across all parts of our business by the end of FY2022, in line with Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi)’s criteria and 1.5°C emissions scenarios. We have also committed to establishing a long-term science-based target to reach net-zero value chain GHG emissions by no later than 2050.
- Preserving and Restoring Biodiversity
- We’re committed to minimizing our impact on biodiversity by continually monitoring and reducing natural resource depletion while supporting restoration initiatives in the ecosystems in which we operate.
- Traceability and Materials
- We seek to develop quality products that are made from responsibly sourced materials. We are working towards our 2025 goals to procure 90% of our leather from Leather Working Group (LWG) Silver- and Gold-rated tanneries, and achieve 95% traceability and mapping of our raw materials.
- Reuse, Repurpose and Recycle
- We are addressing and reducing waste from our direct operations, our customers and our supply chain. We’re committed to increasing the amount of our packaging that’s made from recycled materials with a goal to have 75% recycled content in our packaging and a 25% reduction in corporate waste in North America by 2025.