Best Practice - Spring 2015 Issue
A look at the most innovative and exciting CSR & sustainability programmes of 2015
The Spring 2015 issue of Best Practice highlights five companies with exemplary CSR and sustainability programs. It also features a look at CR reporting leader Centrica's approach to best serving stakeholders.
In this issue:
- Turning Biomass into the Height of Fashion: Gildan - Like most textile manufacturers Canadian apparel company Gildan traditionally relied on fossil fuels but it has transitioned to a more carbonneutral energy supply.
- Making a Splash in Water Stewardship: Nestlé - Different water-stressed areas present different problems and call for different solutions. Nestlé finds that working in partnerships is key to spearheading progress.
- Keeping Model Behaviour In Vogue: VELUX Group - Danish window company the VELUX Group adopted its Model Company Objective mission statement long before they became the corporate norm. So how is a credo devised in the Sixties still proving relevant today?
- Learning Sustainability by Degrees: International Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility - The International Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility based at Nottingham University Business School is expanding its academic offering later this year with its very first MSc in Sustainability.
- A Far from Standard Approach: Standard Life - Why is employability so important to Standard Life , the long-term investment savings business? And how is it helping to break down the barriers to employment?
- An Example of Reporting Best Practice: Centrica - Considered a leader in corporate responsibility reporting, Centrica continued to evolve its 2014 reporting which was driven by a desire to better meet the needs of their stakeholders. This journey started by taking a step back to understand who its key stakeholders were and the best ways to engage them.
For more information on how your organization can be featured in an upcoming issue of Best Practice, click here.
For previous issues of Best Practice, click here.