Addison Supports MillionTreesNYC

Dec 21, 2011 1:30 PM ET

(3BL Media / theCSRfeed) Staten Island, NY- December 21, 2011 - On July 27th, in an effort to support the MillionTreesNYC initiative, Addison took part in a reforestation volunteer day at Father Macris Park on Staten Island. Twenty-six Addison employees attended the event, wearing bright orange T-shirts, designed by Addison. Each individual played their part in rescuing recently planted trees in the park.  The reforestation work included weeding out invasive vines and plants that grow around newly planted trees, which threaten the growth of new forests. 

MillionTreesNYC is a citywide, public-private program with a motivated objective: to plant and protect one million new trees across the City's five boroughs over the next ten years. New York City residents are expected to plant 60% of trees in parks and other public spaces and the other 40% will come from private organizations, homeowners, and community organizations. MillionTrees volunteer days consist of planting trees or of reforestation, in order to protect the trees and allow them to carry on growing.   Susan Kornacki of MillionTreesNYC oversaw the volunteer day, as well as Deya Ramsden from the Natural Resources Group, who explained the history of the site and educated volunteers on the different trees growing in the area. The NRG maintains over 29,000 acres of parkland and aims to conserve NYC’s natural resources for the benefit of ecosystem and public health through acquisition, management, restoration, and advocacy using a scientifically supported and sustainable research.   Addison has been a strong supporter of the MillionTreesNYC initiative; in place of giving holiday gifts to clients, Addison donated $5000 to the foundation for planting resources.   To learn more about MillionTreesNYC, click here.     Addison Addison is an independent brand strategy and communications design firm with a practice focusing on sustainability communications. Online and in print, we combine business understanding with creative solutions to visualize and implement strategic communications that yield measurable results.   Our full-service sustainability communications practice helps clients develop compelling print reports, websites, videos and other collateral. Addison’s dedicated sustainability strategists and creative designers develop reports through standardized reporting frameworks, such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines. We provide stakeholder engagement, materiality analysis and benchmarking services. We also advise on strategy and design best practices for reaching key stakeholders through the most effective channels. Our clients include Fortune 100 companies across multiple business sectors as well as non-profit organizations.     ADD19670