Wave of New Fair Trade Certified™ Products Hits Store Shelves
Fair Trade Certified products gain momentum in North American markets, helping shoppers make every purchase matter
Oakland, CA, March 5, 2014 /3BL Media/ – Fair Trade USA, the leading third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in North America, today announces the launch of over 50 new Fair Trade Certified™ apparel and consumer packaged goods (CPG) products in the first quarter of 2014, delivering more sustainable choices to consumers. These new products add to the 300 Fair Trade Certified CPG items launched in 2013 alone.
First known for coffee, Fair Trade Certified ingredients continue to expand into new categories spanning nearly every aisle of the grocery store. This spring shoppers will find innovative Fair Trade Certified chocolates, coffees and teas, ready-to-drink beverages, and a broader range of apparel offerings. One important innovation is the introduction of Fair Trade USA’s newest certified product—coconut. For the first time ever, consumers can find Fair Trade USA Certified coconut water and coconut oil at the supermarket, and participate in fostering better lives for coconut farmers.
With more responsible choices available, consumers are able to help more farmers and workers invest in their businesses and communities, earn fair prices, protect the environment, and work in safe conditions.
Long-standing Fair Trade USA partner brands continue to expand their Fair Trade lines. Some new products include:
- Decadent Fair Trade Chocolate: Alter Eco Dark Salted Brown Butter and Deep Dark Sea Salt bars; Ripple Brand Collective’s barkTHINS® snacking chocolate in Dark Chocolate Blueberry Quinoa with Agave, Dark Chocolate Toasted Coconut with Almonds, Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Seed, and Dark Chocolate Peppermint; Guittard Etienne Baking Bars; SunSpire Peppermint Patties, Dark Chocolate Coconut Almond Bars, and White Chocolate Chips.
- Uplifting Fair Trade Energy Drinks and Teas: High Brew Ready-to-Drink Espresso; Steaz Organic Iced Green Tea with Coconut Water; Numi Organic Tea’s Indulgent Tea - Chocolate Spice, Chocolate Rooibos, Chocolate Mint, and Chocolate Earl Grey; Rishi Tea's new knit bags, designed with a wider mesh for a truer infusion and richer flavored tea; RUNA Clean Energy drinks in Original with Lime and Organic Berry flavors; Traditional Medicinals’ Green Tea Dandelion, Green Tea Hibiscus, and Green Tea Peppermint teas.
- Fair Trade Apparel: Oliberté men’s and women’s shoes made in the world’s first Fair Trade Certified shoe factory in Ethiopia; new styles from prAna including the Ellie Top and Dahlia Skirt.
Additionally, a variety of companies are launching their first-ever Fair Trade Certified products:
- Fair Trade Coconut and Chocolate: Ciao Bella South American Dark Chocolate Gelato; Coco Libre 11 oz. coconut waters- Pure Organic, Pineapple Organic, Protein-chocolate, Protein- almond, Protein- vanilla; Dang Chocolate Covered Coconut Chips; Naked Juice 1 Liter Coconut Water; Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (15 oz. and 23 oz. sizes), and O'Coconut Treats; Salazon Sea Salt and Almonds, Sea Salt and Cayenne, and Sea Salt and Coconut bars.
- New Fair Trade Baking and Beverage Products: India Tree Muscovado, Demerara and Baking Sugars, White Sugar Cubes and Brown Sugar Cubes; LIVE Kombucha Soda’s Dreamy Orange and Sparkling Ginger beveragess.
- New Apparel Partners: Patagonia, PACT and Mountain Equipment Co-op will launch Fair Trade Certified apparel product lines in 2014.
With a wave of new products to choose from, consumers now have more options when buying fair. Both consumers and new brand partners are embracing Fair Trade, as they realize that responsible and fair supply chains foster sustainability and help improve the lives of farmers and workers.
Editor’s Note: Fair Trade USA and many of its partner brands will attend Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, CA March 6 – 9. For more details on these Fair Trade Certified products, please contact Katie Barrow at email@example.com or visit Fair Trade USA at booth #2781.
Fair Trade USA, a nonprofit organization, is the leading third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in North America. Fair Trade USA audits and certifies transactions throughout the supply chain to ensure that farmers and workers earn a better income, work in safe conditions, protect the environment, and earn additional premiums to invest in their communities. Fair Trade USA also provides farming communities with access to tools, trainings and resources, and educates consumers about the importance of their Fair Trade purchases. Visit FairTradeCertified.org for more information.