Vistra Recognized for its Commitment to Supply Chain Diversity and Inclusion
Vistra today announced a winning year of supply chain diversity initiatives; its success rooted in an ardent commitment to supporting the economic development of the communities it serves. Vistra’s efforts in supply chain diversity have been recognized by multiple organizations, with recent awards including:
- Finalist for Corporation of the Year, Class II, by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) for exemplary achievement in the area of minority supplier development
- Platinum Level Top Corporation for Women’s Business Enterprise™ by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) for the utilization and development of women’s business enterprises
- 1 of only 10 companies recognized as Best Corporations for Veteran Business Enterprises™ (BCVBE) by the National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA) for its successful engagement with the nation’s certified Veteran’s and Service-Disabled Veteran’s Business Enterprises® (VBEs/SDVBEs) as suppliers
- Buy Those That Buy Us Recognition™ with Best Practice by the Dallas/Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council (DFW MSDC)
- 2020 Corporation of the Year by the Dallas/Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council for demonstrating excellence in championing and delivering real results in the utilization of certified minority-owned businesses in the supply chain
- The Women’s Business Enterprise Hall of Fame inducted our chief executive officer, Curt Morgan, for recognizing the contributions of women entrepreneurs in their communities
- DiversityPlus Magazine recognized our director of supply chain diversity, Heather Herndon Wright, as a Champions of Diversity – “Best of the Best”
- Business News Group USA recognized our supply chain team members Phil Seidler, Heather Herndon Wright, Mary Gano, and Heather Birge Mason as “All Stars of Supplier Diversity”
Vistra has long held that a diverse supply chain not only enhances economic development of communities but strengthens Vistra’s competitive advantage in the marketplace. The Vistra Supply Chain Diversity Initiative is led from the top, with CEO Curt Morgan serving as the chair of the company’s Supply Chain Diversity Advisory Council. This council, comprised of Morgan and his direct reports, drives strategic direction and senior leadership engagement. The supply chain diversity working group, led by the department's leadership team, evaluates performance and drives continuous improvement. In addition, Vistra’s Board of Directors is updated on the company’s progress and performance annually.
Read more about Vistra’s commitment to supply chain diversity here.
Vistra (NYSE: VST) is a leading, Fortune 275 integrated retail electricity and power generation company based in Irving, Texas, providing essential resources for customers, commerce, and communities. Vistra combines an innovative, customer-centric approach to retail with safe, reliable, diverse, and efficient power generation. The company brings its products and services to market in 20 states and the District of Columbia, including six of the seven competitive wholesale markets in the U.S. and markets in Canada and Japan, as well. Serving nearly 5 million residential, commercial, and industrial retail customers with electricity and natural gas, Vistra is the largest competitive residential electricity provider in the country and offers over 50 renewable energy plans. The company is also the largest competitive power generator in the U.S. with a capacity of approximately 39,000 megawatts powered by a diverse portfolio, including natural gas, nuclear, solar, and battery energy storage facilities. In addition, the company is a large purchaser of wind power. The company is currently constructing a 400-MW/1,600-MWh battery energy storage system in Moss Landing, California, which will be the largest of its kind in the world when it comes online. Vistra is guided by four core principles: we do business the right way, we work as a team, we compete to win, and we care about our stakeholders, including our customers, our communities where we work and live, our employees, and our investors. Learn more about our environmental, social, and governance efforts and read the company's sustainability report at https://www.vistracorp.com/sustainability/.