Tetra Pak Sustainability Update 2017
“As I travel around our global markets, I am regularly impressed by the innovative and wide-ranging ways in which Tetra Pak people are helping deliver on our brand promise: PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™” says Dennis Jönsson, CEO & President at Tetra Pak. “It is a promise that extends beyond our long-held commitment to protect food, capturing too our undertaking to protect people, both inside and outside the company; and to protect futures: the planet’s, our customers’ and our own. It is a promise that ensures sustainability is not an isolated function within Tetra Pak, but rather an integral part of the decisions we make and the actions we take, right along our value chain.”
Read Tetra Pak’s latest Sustainability Update 2017, highlighting annual progress and key achievements in the areas of environmental performance, social responsibility and corporate governance. For the first time the company has adopted Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines, conducting a materiality assessment to identify and prioritise aspects of the business which have the greatest stakeholder impact.
Highlights from the report:
Protecting food is the core focus of the business and is driven by the company’s vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
- Tetra Pak has a long tradition in providing practical support to governments and other partners when school feeding programmes are introduced and implemented. Throughout 2016, more than 67 million children received milk or another nutritious beverage in Tetra Pak packages
- Over 60+ years working with customers and partners to make food safe and available everywhere via innovative and market-leading food processing and packaging solutions
Protecting people focuses on Tetra Pak’s commitment to its employees, the communities in which it operates and society as a whole.
- Safeguarding and supporting the growth of 24,100 employees worldwide
- Over 600,000 learning hours were taken up by employees during 2016
Tetra Pak’s third pillar is about protecting futures, by developing products and services that will support the future business growth of its customers, and by acting and operating in ways that best protect the future of the earth.
- In January 2016, Tetra Pak became the first company in the food packaging industry to have its climate impact reduction targets approved by the Science Based Targets (SBT) initiative
- In April 2016, Tetra Pak announced the delivery of 200 billion packages labelled with the Forest Stewardship Council ™ (FSC™) logo
- In June 2016, Tetra Pak joined RE100, committing to increase use of renewable electricity from 20% to 100% across all global operations by 2030. In May 2017, the company announced surpassing 30% renewable electricity
- In December 2016, Tetra Pak launched Tetra Brik® Aseptic 1000 Edge with Bio-based LightCap™ 30, the first aseptic packaged with the highest class of Vincotte certification for its use of renewable materials
The Tetra Pak sustainability report is now available to download or to view online.
ABOUT TETRA PAK
Tetra Pak is the world's leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries. With more than 24,000 employees around the world, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™," reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere.
Tetra Pak and PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD are trademarks belonging to the Tetra Pak Group.
Tel: +39 05 989 8954
Edelman for Tetra Pak
Tel: +44 (0)20 3047 2451