STMicroelectronics publishes its 21st Sustainability Report
STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, announced the publication of its 2018 Sustainability Report. The report contains highlights of ST’s sustainability performance in 2017 and presents new ambitions and goals for 2025. It describes in detail how ST addresses sustainability challenges and opportunities and how the Company contributes to nine of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
“Technology is a driver for continuous improvement, and we believe that semiconductors can help tackle many of the world’s challenges, when combined with an embedded sustainability approach. ST has been a leader in sustainability since the late 1990s, and this remains the Company’s firm commitment - today and for the future.” said Carlo Bozotti, President and CEO of STMicroelectronics.
Among ST’s sustainability highlights in 2017:
- Updated sustainability strategy with 12 ambitions and long-terms goals,
- Recognized by CDP as an A list leader in sustainable water management,
- Increased the proportion of Responsible Products from 34% of new products in 2016 to 43% at the end of 2017,
- Ensured 100% of products are conflict mineral-free,
- Conducted risk assessments covering labor and ethics in the framework of the annual Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) self-assessment to all the major production and design sites, representing 86% of employees,
- Continued to cultivate a more inclusive workplace by expanding existing Company programs that focus on women, people with disabilities, and the integration of young talents,
- Supported education and volunteering, with 335 initiatives taken from 30 ST sites in 17 different countries during the year.
The report has been prepared according to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, Core option. To ensure accuracy and transparency, the report is independently assured by DNV GL, a third-party auditor, who reviewed and validated ST’s data reporting process, content, adherence to GRI Standards and interviewed external stakeholders.
ST was one of the first companies to commit to the United Nations Global Compact in 2000 and as a signatory, the report represents the Company’s ‘Communication on Progress’ as well as the efforts to support the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
More information about ST’s approach to Sustainability is available here.
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices.
By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2017, the Company’s net revenues were $8.35 billion, serving more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Further information can be found at www.st.com.
For further details and feedback, contact ST at email@example.com