Nonprofit Board Training for Business People: January 11, NYC
Advancing Nonprofits & Developing as Leaders
Dec. 5, 2012 /3BL Media/ - By serving on NGO/nonprofit boards, business people bring vital skills, experience, and resources that are essential in advancing NGOs/nonprofits to effectively address many of the world’s most vital issues, including economic development, workforce development, education, healthcare, social services, poverty, human rights, conservation and the environment, arts and culture, and many more.
At the same time, business executives and professionals who serve on NGO/nonprofit boards develop as leaders by gaining new knowledge and expertise regarding key community and global issues that relate to their businesses; engaging with peers on an organization’s mission, vision, strategy, and revenue model; and learning through first-hand experience about corporate governance, ethics, and accountability. Business people who serve on boards become more valuable in their own companies while playing important roles in improving their communities and the world.
This program is for board members of global, national, and regional NGO/nonprofit boards and business executives and professionals who seek to serve.
Topics (partial list)
- Building high achieving boards
- Creating the revenue model for success
- Comparing financial models of nonprofits to for-profits
- Organizing the board for success: size, structure, composition and diversity, committees, agendas
- Legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Panel discussion with nonprofit CEOs and board members of global, national, and regional NGOs/nonprofits
- Nonprofit board simulations with active participant engagement
The Board Matrix
Participants will use The Board Matrix to consider which boards best suit their interests – whether for their first, second, or third board experiences. NGO/nonprofit CEOs and board members will demonstrate the trajectory of their boards on The Board Matrix. See what happens!
Reception at 5:00
A reception with NGO/nonprofit CEOs and board members will follow The Matrix
Alice Korngold, Director, Global Board Leadership Academy
- Late registration, register December 28 or later: $1,350
- Cancellations: full fee can be used toward the next program, or refunded less $200 processing fee
When: Friday, January 11, 2013
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00p.m.
Where: NYU School of Law
Lipton Hall, 108 West 3rd Street
Here is the link for more information or to register.