Net Impact Announces 2020-2021 Chapter of the Year Winners
June 17, 2021 /3BL Media/ - Net Impact announces the 2020-2021 Chapter of the Year Winners, an award given to one outstanding Chapter in each of the following chapter categories: Undergraduate, Graduate, International Student, Professional, and International Professional. This year’s distinctions were awarded to the Net Impact Chapters at Mesa Community College, Northwestern University - Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Indian School of Business, New York City Professional Chapter, and Amsterdam Professional Chapter.
The Chapter of the Year award showcases Net Impact's objective of challenging local communities to make a positive impact in their community and the world. Each year, Net Impact selects finalists from its network of more than 350 global chapters. Finalists for this year’s award exhibited extraordinary contributions to their communities and were asked to submit videos and reports detailing their accomplishments to a panel of five judges from Net Impact’s board and advisory council. The winning Chapters were chosen based on their leadership, local impact, and contribution to the broader Net Impact community. Despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, these Chapters demonstrated resilience and inspired change on today’s most pressing issues.
Highlights from this year’s winners include:
- Mesa Community College made significant contributions to their community by partnering with the nonprofit Feed My Starving Children to host the largest service day event in the college’s history.
- Northwestern University - Kellogg Graduate School of Management created Social Impact Week on their campus and partnered with ten on-campus organizations to deliver sixteen events focused on how individual actions can lead to collective change.
- The Indian School of Business Chapter met the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic by connecting their community of over 800 chapter members to engage with large scale organizations such as Goonj and India Welfare Trust as well as GiveIndia to assist with COVID relief operations and funding.
- The Amsterdam Professional Chapter demonstrated their commitment to driving sustainable change by creating the “Impact From Home” lunchtime learning sessions as well as launching the Net Impact Amsterdam Mentorship Program, which matched 25 young professionals with mid-to senior-level sustainability, impact, and ESG leaders.
- The New York City Professional Chapter reimagined how to create impact during the COVID-19 pandemic by shifting entirely to a virtual platform while hosting 11 events and connecting over 150 volunteers on successful consulting projects for 18 local non-profit and social enterprise clients.
“For us, recognition as a Chapter of the Year is a testament to the strength and widely shared commitment to social impact shared by so many in our community,” stated the Northwestern University Chapter. While the New York City Professional Chapter said, “We take pride in being a force for good in our community and this recognition means a lot to our community and the hundreds of volunteers that offer their skills and time to make an impact.”
To learn more about Net Impact’s 2020-2021 Chapter of the Year winners and to find out how to join a Chapter near you, visit netimpact.org.
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a global community of emerging leaders who aspire to be effective drivers of economic, social, and environmental change. With over 100,000 members worldwide, Net Impact equips its network to build a more just and sustainable world by engaging with social and environmental challenges to accelerate innovation and orient business toward the greater good. To learn more, visit www.netimpact.org.