NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises Inspires Latinas To ‘Change the Game’ With Women’s History Month Campaign
MIAMI, March 22, 2023 /3BL Media/ - In celebration of Women’s History Month, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises unveiled a powerful new campaign titled “Change the Game” (Cambia el Juego), under the company’s award-winning corporate social responsibility initiative, Unstoppable Women (Mujeres Imparables).
The new multiplatform initiative seeks to inspire, inform, and ignite a community of unstoppable Latino women to shift their perspective and “change the game” of life. Activations will take place throughout the month on broadcast and digital channels and in a series of community events across the nation leading to the countdown of the highly anticipated FIFA Women's World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023™, airing on Telemundo and Peacock this summer.
“Telemundo celebrates women every day of the year and this month we’re inviting all Latinas to unleash their confidence and the immense influence they have to shape their future,” said Mónica Gil, Chief Administrative and Marketing Officer for NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises.
This new campaign recognizes and salutes powerful Latinas from all walks of life to ignite and embrace their ability to be unstoppable at anything they do.
Chief Administrative and Marketing Officer for NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
To view and download “Change the Game” PSA, click here.
Telemundo’s Change the Game (Cambia el Juego) initiative encompasses an array of programming, community activations and employee experiences:
- Last weekend, Telemundo Deportes streamed the Chivas Femenil vs. Atlas Feminil match, featuring commentary by Telemundo’s Ana Jurka and Aranzta Fernandez.
- Collaboration with the YMCA of Metropolitan Los Angeles for Girls Empowerment Day, bringing over 2,000 girls to the Dignity Health Sports Park for a day of fun, inspiration, and motivation, with clinics, workshops, and more.
- Telemundo talent will join the 5th annual LATINAFest: Sembrando and Cultivating our Future, the largest outdoor festival on the West Coast celebrating all things Latina, including an Unstoppable Women and Women’s World Cup activation.
- Telemundo will host an executive panel at its headquarters titled “Changing the Game Together” featuring unstoppable women and executives in the world of sports who have scored big goals and impressive records.
- Extensive employee activations including a "Las Mujeres Imparables de Telemundo" branded photo shoot for all women at Telemundo to celebrate their power within the company, inspire passion as we countdown to the Women's World Cup, and together #changethegame across social media platforms on International Women's Day.
- Cambio de Juego, a webisode series dedicated to highlighting the impact of women in sports through discussions, debate and analysis, will feature a month-long celebration highlighting women’s growth and influence in sports, hosted by Telemundo Deportes’ Ana Jurka.
- Zona Mixta, Telemundo Deportes’ leading late-night weekend sports studio show, will highlight a variety of topics around women in sports. The program is hosted by Ana Jurka with a roster of correspondents and sports professionals, including Veronica Rodriguez, Arantza Fernandez and Daniella Lopez Guajardo as well as experts like Claudia Trejos who covers boxing.
- Next month, Telemundo continues building the excitement on the road to the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup, airing the U.S. Women’s National Team’s upcoming “friendlies” against the Republic of Ireland on April 8 and April 11 on Universo and Peacock.
Since its inception, Unstoppable Women (Mujeres Imparables) has created a diverse community of women with inspiring life stories, shared educational resources about Latinas, and aligned with community partners on key national initiatives. Mujeres Imparables is part of Telemundo's El Poder En Ti community outreach program and seeks to advance Latinas in the workplace and beyond.
To learn more about the Mujeres Imparables initiative, please visit “Mujeres Imparables” on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube, and connect with Telemundo on Facebook and Twitter.