Marsh & McLennan Companies Releases 2015-2016 Corporate Citizenship Report
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in risk, strategy and people. This week, the company published its fifth Corporate Citizenship Report.
“Our view of corporate citizenship is broad and multidimensional. Through a business lens, our clients rely on us for trusted advice on challenges that play out across social, political and environmental issues. Beyond commercial success, however, our commitment to living the greater good is reflected in our culture of mutual respect and inclusion — and in our efforts to inspire our colleagues to learn new skills, give back to their communities and act with integrity in all that they do,” said Dan Glaser, President and Chief Executive Officer, Marsh & McLennan Companies
The report is divided into four sections: Our Community, Our Environment, Our People and Our Work.
Highlights from each of these areas include:
- Marsh & McLennan colleagues volunteered in more than 50 countries in 2016, an increase of 300% in participating countries since 2012.
- Colleagues volunteered 160,000 more hours in 2016 than they did in 2012.
- In 2015 and 2016, the company gave US$20.8 million in charitable contributions.
- Marsh & McLennan’s goal to reduce global emissions by 20% was met two years early, at the end of 2015. Paper usage in 2016 was reduced by more than 140 million sheets of paper.
- The company earned an A- in 2016 from CDP Climate Change, its highest score to date. CDP runs a global disclosure system that enables companies, cities, states and regions to measure and manage their environmental impacts.
- Marsh & McLennan Companies’ digital learning course, Our Voices: Making a Difference through Diversity & Inclusion, aims to help colleagues navigate cultural biases and perceptions. Available in 18 languages, nearly 10,000 colleagues completed the training within the first month of its release.
- Marsh & McLennan Companies has more than 20 active colleague resource groups with more than 200 local chapters globally. Participation in these groups more than doubled between 2014 and 2016.
- Marsh & McLennan was named one of the Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality by Human Rights Campaign for the ninth year in a row.
- Marsh & McLennan’s Global Risk Center was featured as a “Key Player to Watch” in the “Resilience as a Sustainability Strategy” section in GreenBiz Group’s annual State of Green Business report.
- Marsh & McLennan provides leading insights and analysis in the areas of environment and climate, health, wellness and diversity and community and social impact.
Read the full report here.
About Marsh & McLennan Companies
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC) is the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company’s more than 60,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mmc.com, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies