Marathon Oil Corporation Releases 2017 Living Our Values Corporate Sustainability Report
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) today published its 2017 Living Our Values Corporate Sustainability Report. The report is available in a digital format, with the capability to create customizable pdfs of individual sections or the entire report, and as a downloadable summary brochure.
In the report, Marathon Oil describes its actions to promote economic, social and environmental sustainability in its business and the communities where its employees live and work. It covers:
- Progress in positioning the Company for sustainable growth through governance, society, the environment, safety and its workforce, with examples and supporting metrics.
- Statements from Lee M. Tillman, Marathon Oil president and CEO, and Lisa Hyland, chair of the Health, Environmental, Safety and Corporate Responsibility Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors.
- Disclosures on air emissions, greenhouse gas emissions, water use and spills in its U.S. unconventional resource plays, as well as strategies to reduce its impacts to the environment.
- Disclosures on political and lobbying contributions, ethical business practices and other governance matters.
- Discussions on its 2017 employee and contractor safety performance and emergency preparedness and response capabilities and activities.
- Highlights on the Company’s climate change views, digital oilfield capabilities, Equatorial Guinea integrated gas business and response to Hurricane Harvey.
“Sustainability is at the core of Marathon Oil’s business strategy,” Tillman said. “As we pursued profitable and sustainable growth in 2017, we remained committed to responsible, safe and ethical operations. We focused on meeting our obligations to key stakeholders, including addressing workplace safety, protecting the environment, making a difference in our communities and delivering returns to shareholders.
“Marathon Oil has demonstrated our ability to adjust and to respond to opportunities, challenges and changes in the marketplace. Our strategy is transparent, embedded across the enterprise and aligns fully with our Company performance metrics. In short, Marathon Oil is well prepared to create long-term value,” Tillman added.
Marathon Oil values stakeholder opinion and welcomes feedback on its 2017 sustainability report. To comment on the report, please complete the report survey or send an email to CSRReport@marathonoil.com.
Marathon Oil Corporation is an independent global exploration and production company operating in the United States (U.S.), Europe and Africa, with emphasis on U.S. unconventional resource plays. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company reported net proved reserves of approximately 1.45 billion barrels of oil equivalent at the end of 2017. For more information, please visit the website at http://www.marathonoil.com.
Phone: +1 713-296-4103