Impact of Accessible Science Education for Students Worldwide: Episode 3 of Science Will Tell Podcast
Season two of the Science Will Tell podcast series from the Life Science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, explores how key initiatives in the scientific community increase access to science education.
In this third episode, Chris Conner, host, is joined by:
- Rogers Kao, CEO of the Center of Science Education for Tamkang University
- Gabriela De la Toree, General Manager at Programa Adopte un Talento
Here’s what you’ll learn in this episode:
- the importance of educating future generations of scientists from all backgrounds to foster a diverse STEM talent pool with unique perspectives and experiences
- when given opportunity and access, students are curious to learn more about scientific concepts and explore problem-solving solutions to our world’s toughest challenges
- the impact of exposing students to hands-on science education in rural areas
The Life Science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, has supported Chemistry on The Go and Programa Adopte un Talento (PAUTA) to bring science and chemistry education to students in the remote areas of Taiwan and Mexico. Fostering curiosity, both programs help introduce scientific concepts while encouraging critical thinking skills.
Kao and De la Toree are only two of an extensive group of partnerships that the Life Science business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, partners with to bridge the science education gap in communities around the world. With their help, young students can receive the support they need to ensure a future full of possibilities in STEM.
Listen to the episode here: https://sciencewilltell.podbean.com/