Excellent Customer Experiences Begin With Excellent Customer Service
NRG’s 2022 Customer Experience Awards highlight our customer-focused culture
“Customer focus is part of who we are at NRG. It’s embedded in our DNA.” ~ NRG President & CEO Mauricio Gutierrez
Since launching our Power Values, NRG continues to be a customer-driven organization. We do this by understanding and delivering compelling energy solutions that meet the needs of our current and future customers. Most companies provide customer service – a single touchpoint, such as choosing a product or asking a question. For NRG, customer service is merely a springboard for the full customer experience – a sum of all touchpoints, from discovery to purchase and enrollment, to use of products and services. It also encompasses how the customer feels about our people, our brand, and our connection to their needs.
To provide this experience to our customers, employees across the organization set benchmarks for success, and are accountable for delivering on our customer-first culture, which starts from within. NRG believes that, to provide our customers with the best possible experience, we must support and acknowledge our employees. With extensive and ongoing training, peer-to-peer and managerial support, personal and professional well-being and growth opportunities, and acknowledgment when they succeed, we show our team that, no matter where they sit within the organization, each team member is valued, important, and necessary.
Since 2019, one of the ways we show that appreciation is with the annual Customer Experience (CX) Awards. NRG employees can nominate their peers across multiple categories for recognition of exemplary care. In 2022, there were more than 300 nominations across the following categories:
Employees nominated in this category actively listened and took customer viewpoints into consideration, often putting themselves in the customers’ shoes to understand and serve them better.
For 2022, winners of Most Empathetic are:
- Christian Gomez – Customer Care Representative
- Liz Sands – Business and Market Operations
- Jonna Azar – Manager, Digital Customer Experience
- Tamara Enfield – Manager, Airtron
Employees nominated in this category asked questions, identified common trends, and analyzed quantitative and qualitative data to uncover insights that helped them meet their customers’ needs.
For 2022, winners of Most Insightful are:
- Chris Hokanson – Senior Analyst, Customer Experience
- Keira Sanders – Manager, Natural Gas Data & Systems Analysis
- Nick Wuestner – Manager, Digital Customer Experience
- Nicole Pusateri – Pricing Analyst
Employees nominated in this category asked questions to help advance the experience and looked for best practices, outside of NRG and outside our industry, to deliver an optimal experience.
For 2022, winners of Most Innovative are:
- Annie Bell – Manager, Digital Marketing and Acquisition
- Sonny Escalante – Senior Plant Technician
- Jay Lutz – Senior Product Owner
- Natalie Bober – Robotic Process Automation Manager
Employees nominated in this category worked with others across the organization, creating a trusted and respectful team environment, in order to deliver an optimal customer experience.
For 2022, winners of Most Collaborative are:
- Betty Gilbert – Senior Manager, Process/Change Integration
- Dee Lowerre – Manager, Regulatory Affairs
- Kenneth “KC” Carroll – Maintenance Supervisor
- Lubaina Munis – Senior Analyst, Digital Communications
Customer Experience Impact of the Year
Employees nominated in this category showed resourcefulness and immense initiative above expectations across all four award categories.
For 2022, winners of the CX Impact of the Year are:
- Abel Luis – Senior Analyst, Continuous Improvement
- Chris DeJean – Stock Handler
“Congratulations to all our winners and thank you to all our customer-focused team members, who show every day that an excellent customer experience starts with us. We know you will continue to lead by example in 2023 and beyond!” said Gutierrez.
Interested in learning more about our winners? You can watch our virtual ceremony above.
Learn more about NRG Energy here