Done and Said: Gas Natural Fenosa Publishes Its Corporate Responsibility Report, Adding a Specific Chapter on Responsible Supply Chain.
Gas Natural Fenosa is a leading multinational group in the energy sector and a pioneer in gas and electricity integration, with a balanced business mix, which supplies gas and electricity to over 23 million customers, in over 30 countries.
Its international presence puts it in an ideal position to be able to capitalise on the growth of new regions which are in the process of economic growth, making it one of the world’s most important operators.
Some of the main results in 2015 were:
- Global leaders in the DJSI supersector utilities and present in the most important sustainability indexes (FTSE4GOOD, EuronextVigeo, MSCI, Ethibel, Stoxx)
- 95% of the company's suppliers were assessed according to environmental, social and labor practices criteria.
- Meetings with ESG criteria Investor that manage assets worth 3.8 billion euros (since 2012).
- Significant increase in the recommendation index of customer service in Spain.
- Reduction of 19% of pouring water and using a 6% more recycled water compared to 2014.
- Increased energy savings and avoided emissions, 21% and 26% respectively, resulting from energy efficiency in electricity generation, compared to 2014.
- Creation of Time Bank: physical and virtual space for employees to delegate their daily activities and enjoy their leisure time in more enriching activities.
- Reduction of 28% the accident frequency rate, compared to 2014.
- Reduction of 15% of accidents among the general public as a result of the company´s activities, compared to 2014.
- Participation of more than 25,000 students in educational activities of the foundation.
For further information on the actions taken and the sustainability performance during 2015, can be found here: Corporate Responsibility Report 2015.
Antonio Fuertes Zurita
Javier Fernández Oña