A Cancer-Fighting Force to Be Reckoned With -- Sanofi's CancerConnect Employee Resource Group
The CancerConnect employee resource group unites employees who have a passion for supporting cancer patients and survivors. The Swiftwater group rallies around the following cancer-related causes in Northeast Pennsylvania with both financial contributions and employee engagement:
- Relay for Life with the American Cancer Society
- Race for the Cure with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- CASUAL (Colon Cancer Awareness Saves Unlimited Adult Lives) Day with the Northeast Regional Cancer Institute
- Shine a Light on Lung Cancer with the Lung Cancer Alliance and Lehigh Valley Hospital - Pocono
- Pink Light Walk, a breast cancer awareness initiative with East Stroudsburg University
In 2017 alone, this group’s members raised more than $8,500 toward these various initiatives, playing a pivotal role in moving the needle on local cancer awareness, prevention, research, and advocacy.