Tapestry I Our Communities
Standing Taller with Our Communities.
We believe that when we stand together as a house of brands we can reach further and give more. From our Hudson Yard headquarters to Masoro, Rwanda, we are supporting our global communities where we live, work and make our products.
Through employee volunteering programs, our covid-19 response efforts, and our focus on improving worker empowerment throughout our supply chain.
We’ve been driving meaningful change as we make progress toward our bold 2025 goals. This includes completing 100,000 volunteer service hours by our employees around the world and providing access to worker empowerment programs for the suppliers who craft our products.
- In FY2021, Tapestry volunteers contributed more than 32,000 hours through our Tapestry Gives volunteer program, benefiting causes from education and mentorship to food insecurity and mental health. We scaled the Tapestry Gives program by establishing committees across all our bands and expanding the program globally. Through our 260 global employee volunteer ambassadors, 12 volunteer committees, and one paid volunteer day per year for all global employees, we were able to serve 550 non-profits.
- COVID-19 Response
- We continue to support our communities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic by making relief grants, donating products and providing needed support to communities most severely impacted.
- Striving for Racial and Social Equity
- Tapestry continues to work with our partners to help communities around the world achieve a more equitable society by advancing opportunity and dignity for all.
- Worker Empowerment
- We value the workers in our supply chain and have an on-going comprehensive social auditing program. We also have a goal of providing 100,000 workers in the factories making our products with empowerment programing by 2025. In addition, kate spade new york continues to work with its on purpose supply partner Abahizi Rwanda, which has a workforce that is more than 90% women. To date, kate spade new york has donated over $3 million to non-profit partners implementing community-based programs for the people in Masoro, Rwanda, where the employees of its on purpose partner and their families live.